Frequently asked questions (FAQ) on domain transfer.
Domain transfer for .com/.net/.org/.biz/.name/.info/.cn/.us domain name
1) What is Authorization Info / EPP Code?
An authorization code (also referred to as an <AUTHINFO>, <AUTO>, auth code, Authinfo code or an EPP code); is a 6- to 16-character “password” assigned by a sponsoring Registrar.
2) Why the Authorization Info / EPP Code is required?
This code is required by the central registry to transfer your domain name from one registrar to another. The Authorization Info / EPP Code are designed to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent transfers.
3) How to get Authorization Info / EPP Code for my domain name?
Registrant is required to contact the current domain Registrar of the domain to request for the domain’s Authorization Info / EPP Code.
You must get your EPP code from your current registrar (also called the “losing” registrar), and give it to the registrar that you are transferring your name to. The gaining registrar will verify this code with the central registry, and if it matches, then you will be able to transfer your domain name. The only place that you can get your EPP code is from the registrar that your name is currently registered at.
We recommended obtaining your domain’s Authorization Code before initiating a domain transfer request.
4) How long does it take to transfer a domain name to Cybersite?
A registrar transfer process will requires 2-10 business days to complete.
5) Why I encountered “Authorization Error” when approved your transfer request?
“Authorization Error” is error message returned from registry stated that the Authorization Information entered during the transfer request submission was invalid.
We advise you to contact current registrar to obtain the valid/correct Authorization Information so that we can re-initiate the transfer request.
6) Why I encountered “Object status prohibits operation” when approved the transfer request?
A domain name must be in Active status in order to approve or transfer a domain name.
Error “Object status prohibits operation” was due the domain name currently is under Lock status, please contact the current registrar to unlock the domain and retry to approve the transfer request.
7) Can I cancel a Registrar transfer and how do I cancel it?
Yes, we are allowed to cancel a registrar transfer if the transfer request has yet approved by the domain administrator. Please send us a request at email@example.com to cancel the registrar transfer request.
8) I did not receive the registrar transfer authorization email, how do I request to resend the authorization email?
Please send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org to resend the registrar transfer authorization email.
NOTE: Registrar transfer authorization email will only be sent to the Administrative Contact of the domain name.
9) If I had purchased the WhoIs ID Protection, will it be transferred together with my domain name?
Whois ID Protection is non- transferable. You will have to re-purchase a new Whois ID Protection with us. The price for ID Protection is USD 5 (RM 12.90) per year.
Domain transfer for .sg domain name
1) What are the domain name conditions to transfer .sg to Cybersite?
Domain name must be registered for more than 14 days in order to perform a registrar transfer. Gaining registrar must be an accredited registrar for .sg domain name and the transfer is require to initiate 7 days before the expiry date.
Other questions of .sg domain transfer you can refer above.
Wish to transfer your domain name?
Need more info? Please feel free to Contact Us or drop us an email. We will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have!