Number “8” has Chinese Pinyin pronunciation “bā”, which sounds similar to the pronunciation of Chinese word “发” (Pinyin = fā), meaning “wealth” or “prosper”. That’s why the Chinese is always in love with number “8” when it comes to choosing their vehicle registration plates, mobile numbers, and even domain names.
Number 8 is always viewed as an auspicious number that will bring good luck. Although the belief is without any scientific proof, statistics never fail to show how much Chinese are obsessed with number “8”:
1) In Chengdu, China, an all 8 mobile number was sold for USD $270,723 (approximately SGD S$365,134)
2) Most of the airlines companies such as, United Airlines, Air Canada, KLM, Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines have flight numbers starting with number “8”, especially for flights to Asian destinations, such as China and Korea.
3) In Hangzhou, a man offered to sell his license plate, A88888 for RMB 1.12 million (roughly SGD S$226,066).
4) The Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia has 88 floors for both towers.
5) During the summer Olympics organised in Beijing, the opening ceremony began on 8th August, 2018 at 8pm, 8 minutes and 8 seconds local time (UTC+8), which is known as 8/8/08, 8:08:08 pm.
From cases above, we know that number “8” means a lot to the Chinese. If you grab the opportunity to own some creative numeric domain names that contain number “8”, seriously you might become “8” “Huat” (“Wealth”, “Prosper”) too when you sell these prosperous domain names in the future!
These attractive domain names are still available now, but not later!
Grab NOW and be ‘HUAT’ Yourself!
Please feel free to Contact Us or drop us an email if you have any inquiries. We will be more than happy to answer any question you might have!